Welcome to Presidential Insurance quick and easy claims center
At Presidential Insurance, we understand how stressful an accident can be. It is our goal to make the process of filing a claim as easy as possible for you so you can get back to your life. The Presidential Team is committed to resolving your claim fast and keeping you up to date on the progress of your claim every step of the way.
Please Submit ALL CLAIMS at our Port of Spain head office, San Fernando branch office, or our Tobago office.
All forms must be completed and returned to us by email, fax, or mail, or brought into one of our convenient locations near you.
Steps for filing a claim
1. Notify your insurance company: If you have been involved in a car accident, you must contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
2. Collect information: You should collect as much information as possible at the scene of the accident, including the contact details of any witnesses, the other driver’s insurance information, and photos of the damage.
3. File a claim: Once you have all the information, contact your insurance company to file your claim.
4. Wait for a response: The insurance company will investigate the claim and make a determination on how much they will cover.
5. Receive payment: Once the claim is approved, you should receive a check for the amount of the claim.
What information do I need to report a claim?
To ensure your timely settlement when submitting your claim, please provide our claims department with the following.
Certified copy of ownership of the vehicle.
Copy of two (2) forms of identification of the person on insurance. (DP, PP, ID Card, etc.)
Copy of driver's permit of the person who was driving.
VAT status from the VAT office.
Pictures/Videos of accident & crash site.
Driver's written report/witnesses statement.
Present insurance certificate of the vehicle to show record.
Estimate for damages.
Claims Frequently Asked Questions
What is an excess?
An excess is the first portion of a claim that the insured must pay when making a claim.
It can be expressed as a percentage of the value of the vehicle or as a sum of money, for example, $1,000.00. The excess must be paid whenever you are at fault or not.
What is a No Claim Discount (NCD)?
An NCD is a discount that you can earn for not making claims under your policy.
Once you do not have an accident, this discount will increase at each renewal up to a maximum after five (5) years.
Does my premium increase if I have a Windscreen Claim?
No. Your premium is not affected by a windscreen claim.
How do I make a claim?
It's simple! Follow the following steps to make a claim:
1. Gather all the required documents.
2. Fill out our claims form.
3. Drop your form and documents to our head office at Port of Spain, our San Fernando branch office, or our Tobago office for processing. View our locations
How long does it take to process a claim?
Although every client is unique, our mission has always been to provide a timely settlement of claims. Get in touch with us, share your report, and a company representative will reach out to provide an accurate timeframe.
How will I be notified about my claim?
We will contact you via email or phone call once a claim has been submitted.
Please provide us with all your contact information when making a claim.